Tips on How to Create a Regular School Routine While Being Energy Efficient.
School is back in session for some and approaching for others. It’s important to practice energy efficiency while continuing to stay at home. Let’s face it, we weren’t planning on being home before or after summer and that could make a significant impact on your electric bill.
Don’t sweat it! We have some energy-savings tips that could help you maintain an energy-efficient home while creating a normal school and work routine for your family.
The best way to be energy efficient while maintaining extracurricular activities in your kid’s daily routine is to create activities that don’t require too much use of electronics. Here are a few tips.
- Reading time– Select a book to read and have each family member take turns reading out loud. Do this for 20-30 minutes every day and help your kids stay on track of their reading. Schools and libraries often provide a reading list online.
- Try a Science experiment– Bring the science class home! Teach your kids about the different types of renewable energy with the following lesson plan from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Cooking Time– One of the greatest perks about being home is that you have a “home economics” class right at your fingertips. Here are some of our favorite healthy recipes easy for the whole family to make.
- Stay on track of Math– From books about math to counting apples and oranges. There are many ways to keep your kids on track. Check out these fun math activities you and your kids will enjoy.
- Physical Education– Staying active and healthy while being at home is important! From taking a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood to doing jumping jacks and sit-ups. Here are 10 ways you can work out as a family and stay active.