Celebrate Earth Day With These Easy Tips
For us, every day is Earth day.
Here are a few ways to give your part on mother Earth’s special day.
- Are you passionate about certain environmental issues? Volunteer at EARTHDAY.ORG and you can be part of many initiatives, both local and global, to help our Earth.
- Enjoy spending time outside? Support the Great Global Cleanup and pick up trash while enjoying your outdoor activities. It is a great way to save that plastic bottle cap from the landfill while you are on your morning walk!
- Make an impact! Change your diet to fight climate change! Try participating in meatless Mondays! Check out some plant-based recipes.
- Try a foodprint calculator to find out exactly how your meals impact the planet.
- Plastic pollution is one of the most important environmental problems that we face today. Calculate your personal plastic consumption, then use our tips to help break free from single-use plastics!
- Most people by now know that single-use plastic grocery bags are going the way of the dinosaurs. Although they are billed for their “convenience,” they are extremely inconvenient for the planet. Pledge to use a reusable grocery bag.
- Use a reusable water bottle to make a big impact on your plastic consumption.
- Always read labels! Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products to avoid washing toxic chemicals down the drain!
- Sign up for a 100% renewable energy plan!