Three Ways To Make Your Thanksgiving More Energy Efficient
you can’t handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen…partially!
- Consider using a grill or smoker to cook your turkey.
- Resist the urge of checking your food while it cooks.
- Don’t make your refrigerator work harder. Allow leftover hot foods to cool before putting them in the fridge.
- Clean your oven! Not only is it hygienic but a dirtier oven uses more energy and takes longer to cook.
- Don’t buy a turkey bigger than you need. The smaller the bird, the faster it cooks.
- The Hostess with the mostess!
- Fight the drafts! Consider weather-stripping your home on all windows and doors to prevent any air leaks.
- Set the mood for dinner with a candle and LED lighting.
- Use coolers and beverage cooling tubs stocked with ice to prevent opening and closing your refrigerator.
- Clean-up Time!
- Don’t wash dishes by hand. An ENERGY STAR-certified dishwasher is proven to use less than half as much energy and water.
- Scrape plates instead of rinsing them with water before placing them in the dishwasher. This will help reduce the wash time.
- Unplug all unused cooking tools. If you’re done with them, it’s time to pull the plug.
Source: energy.gov, energystar.gov
About Gexa Energy
Gexa Energy is one of the fastest-growing retail electricity providers in the U.S. and has served residential and commercial customers in Texas since 2002. We provide customers with affordable electricity plans, and all Gexa Energy residential plans are 100% green!
Take a look at our energy plans for home and energy plans for business and find the plan that’s right for you!