It’s important to wash hands frequently even while being at home. You can help yourself and loved ones stay healthy by washing your hands often, especially during these key times when you are likely to get and spread germs:
- Before, during, and after preparing food.
- Before eating food.
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick.
- Before and after treating a cut or a wound.
- After using the restroom.
- After changing diapers.
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- After touching an animal, animal feed or animal waste.
- After handling pet food or pet treats.
- After touching garbage.
For more information on hand-washing and staying clean, visit www.cdc.gov.